This RFID tag needs to be designed as a type of yarn which is embeddable yet flexible to be sewn in cleanroom garments to offer sufficient comfortability and ensure that operations can continue uninterruptedly.
The life expectancy of a cleanroom garment is about 50 industrial wash cycles before losing the filter ability against ESD and protection that the garment provides. That’s is to say, in addition to an embeddable and flexible construction, the advantages such as laundry resistance, high temperature resistance, chemical resistance, and roller pressure resistance also need to be taken into consideration.
- Develops the worlds’ first mass production line for the cutting-edge yarn type RFID tag to ensure its manufacturability and producibility.
- Enables the world’s first automatic identification system tailored for industrial laundry of cleanroom garments to accelerate the digital transformation and mitigate labor-intensive works.
- AATCC135 ≥100 cycles & CNS 8150 Sewn seam strength ≥ 40N
- ASTM D2256 at a 5m gauge length and at an extension strength ≥ 1kgf
- ISO 7854 at a 5 m gauge length at an flex cracking resistance ≥ 1000 cycles
SAG has partnered with NXP for years when there is a need for specialty RFID tags to overcome challenges in every potential application and RFID Yarn® is a breakthrough of miniaturization RFID tag. On the technical side, we use NXP UCODE 8 RFID chip with its advantages in chip sensitivity value to enable long read range performance and fast read rate among highly dense tag population. Such features help to facilitate great efficiency in an item-level management use case. Meanwhile, this yarn-type RFID tag features its embeddable and flexible design to be laundry-resistant, high-temperature resistant, chemical-resistant, roller-pressure resistant to push the envelope to impossible tagging in laundry become possible.
- Achieved 48% reduction in processing time
- Achieved 45% increase in productivity.
- Achieved 30% the number of workers reduction